Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 24 October 2011

Info Post
This is just a basic inkling of what I use as part of my beauty routine and I thought I'd share it with you.  I'm not really a product junkie, but I do love testing out products that don't break the bank.  Although for Christmas two years ago, my father in law got me gift cards to MAC and that was fun picking out some pretty eye shadows.  But we can talk about that later.  Let's get down to what I use on a daily basis:


1.  Pantene Split End Repair Creme: Being a hair stylist, I loveee trying out new products.  My hair used to be pretty thick and had been short for a long time.  When I got pregnant, my hair grew insanely quick and then all fell out post-partum. So my hair is much thinner.  It's also semi wavy so I try to use products that moisturize.  I recently saw this Pantene Split End Repair Creme in a magazine and for $4, I had to try it.  You can use it on damp or dry hair and it also acts as a heat protectant.  Over all, I'd say it's definitely worth the $4.  It does not leave the hair greasy or oily.  My hair felt soft and moisturized.  And I was surprised that the ends of my hair actually felt smooth!  Definite win for me.


2.  Up and Up Dual-Treatment Moisturizer: As a teen and going into my mid twenties, I had pretty oily skin.  You couldn't pay me to use a moisturizer because I was always under the impression that it would make my skin worse.  But as I've gotten older, my skin has gone a bit more combination: oily T-Zone and dryer cheeks.  I'm still a little apprehensive about moisturizers, but I love this one!  It takes care of any acne I have and the cream actually soaks into my skin instead of just sitting on it.  Which means my make up goes on smoothly.  And a steal at $3.  I would recommend this for all skin types and acne prone skin.


3.  Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers Foundation and Lash Blast Mascara: My sister has flawless skin (lucky duck) and can basically use anything she wants as far as foundations go.  But when she was using this CG Aqua Smoothers Foundation, I thought her skin looked radiant.  I decided to give it a whirl and I'm impressed.  The shade I use is Buff Beige, but I almost seem to be in between that and the next darker shade.  Although after my tan fades, it might match perfectly.  It does make my skin feel clean.  The foundation is lightweight, but it covers.  And I like my foundation to cover as I definitely have an uneven skin tone and dark spots. :)  The mascara is also CG and it satisfies my need for dark, plump lashes.  This particular one was supposed to leave almost a glittery sheen on my lashes, but it doesn't.  But I've never gotten clumps using this mascara and with an eye lash curler, you can get awesome length and curl.  Both I believe cost around $8 each.


4.  Elf Highlighter and Bronzer Palette: If you've never heard of Elf products, run to your local Target store now and look it up!  These products cost no more than $3 and they have brushes, eye shadows, lip sticks, blushes, etc.  I am in love with this palette.  I usually swipe my huge powder brush over the whole thing and swipe over the "raised" surfaces of my face: forehead, cheek bones, nose and chin.  It gives this beautiful luminescent shimmer like you just got a really nice tan.  I really think it would be perfect on any skin shade.  And for $3, it's a mega steal.


So those are the beauty products I use on a daily basis.  Hopefully my reviews can help you choose some new products to try for yourself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment