Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 19 February 2013

Info Post
Putting ourselves on display for the world wide web, allows us to be criticized in a myriad of different ways.  I think many of us have been there where we have all received some sort of negative remark to what we look like, what we wear, or what we say.

As women, we constantly critique ourselves and we try to put our best face forward so that we can show our strength against those who try to tear us down.  So much of that strength comes from experience, age, and self-assurance.  But sometimes, even that is not enough.

The reason I'm writing this is because I'm tired of reading the negative remarks that come out of people's mouths.  It's so easy to hide behind the anonymity of a computer and tear someone down.  I mean, can you believe that there are actual forums on the internet based solely on ripping girls to shreds?  And we wonder why young girls are so self-hating.

I have had conversations with other bloggers about my weight currently and my weight in the past.  Honestly, I am not okay with the weight I am now.  Do I dwell on it?  No.  I try to eat healthy, I exercise when I can, and I don't beat myself up about it.  But quite a few times since I've had my blog up and running, I have received comments from people bringing up my weight.

The first thing that comes to mind is: I can't believe there are still people who have no filter.
The second thing that comes to mind is: Do they think I don't already know I'm fat?

And then after I calm down, I start to think of how much these comments hurt.  Do I get hurt by these words?  Of course.  But, I'm 30 years old, married, with a baby and I am old enough now to not be defined by how I look.  And then I think of all the young girls out there who have blogs and more than likely receive the same negative remarks.

I was actually quite skinny when I was in my early 20's, but if someone had said I was fat back then, I would have believed them and would have tore myself down trying to look better.  Younger women are still trying to establish themselves and the opinions of others can have a lasting effect on her self esteem.  And that's where I find myself getting so angry at these immature little brats who think it's okay to tear others down.

I am fiercely protective of those whom I care about and I do not tolerate internet bullies.  I see no point in degrading people's looks just because you can.  If you would never walk up to a stranger and say it to their face, then you shouldn't be doing it through the computer.

I am inspired by bloggers of all shapes and sizes.  The first thing I look at when I visit someone's blog is not their size, but their style.  And that's the way it should be.  I know I'm not the thinnest blogger out there and I don't want to be.  But having it pointed out time and time again is getting old.

I just want those who read my blog to know that I will always support you all.  If I have nothing nice to say, I don't say anything.  Encouragement, positivity, and support is what I will always give you.  And I know that all of you will give that in return.  You all are my friends and your words of support always mean so much to me.  And I thank you from the bottom of my heart for believing in me and for letting me inspire you no matter what size I am.  You all are amazing! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment