Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 10 February 2013

Info Post

Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!!  Did any of you stay up late for the launch of Prabal Gurung for Target? I have to tell ya, I'm glad I'm on PST and I'm glad I stayed up because many of the items are already sold out! :)

So after ordering most of my wish list items last night, I also came to Target this morning to check sizes and to see all the goodies in person.  Even though my area has quite a few Targets, only one of them was carrying the majority of the collection.  That made me glad to get most of it online!

There was actually no one in line except me and another woman, so that was nice.  I also discovered that my Target was only carrying one of each size!!  That was a little scary, but I think that means it will just get sold quicker.




Here are a few photos of the tags.  Open one side and it talks about Prabal Gurung and the other side is the First Date Print.

Let's talk a little about the clothes!









My favorite dresses are the Floral Crush Flare Dress (completely sold out online), and the Color Block Dress in Dresden Blue.  Both are amazing in person and the fit is perfect.  The Floral Crush dress has pockets (eek!) and a tiny hem of crinoline at the bottom to keep the flare shape.  If you were a fan of the poplin dress from Jason Wu for Target, you will love both of these dresses.  The Color Block Dress has a little bit of stretch to the fabric and almost a sheen to it.  So cool and reminds me of something Judy Jetson would wear. :)




I also got the Pintuck Dress in Black and White, and I love the way the straps fall on my shoulders.  This one ran a bit small, but it could be because I have a bigger bust.  If you're small busted, this will probably fit TTS.




The dresses that didn't quite make the cut are the Short Sleeve Dress in Calypso Coral (currently sold out online) and the Short Sleeve Dress in First Date Print.  I actually really loved both of these dresses, but the fit was all wrong.  I was able to fit in a Medium and size 12 for all the dresses, except these two.  They had no stretch at all, and it felt like the shoulders were tight.  Maybe I just have big guns?? :P  They are cute, but I'd wait for clearance for these two.




And an impromptu purchase was the Color Block Pencil Skirt.  It's made with a sturdier cotton and so I can see it flattering nicely.  I'm excited to add this to my skirt collection.






The tops I love are the Sleeveless Blouse in First Date Print and the Lace Overlay Top in Black & White.  Both are so flattering and the print on the First Date blouse is so vibrant and pretty.  The lace top has such pretty ruffles at the shoulders and the white part is not too sheer.  I love both!

Other notable tops that I didn't purchase, but love are the Color Block Sweaters and the Long Sleeved Tees in Nolita and Floral Crush.  I might get the Floral Crush one on clearance.  Both are very soft and lightweight and would be perfect for a cool spring evening.





Now let's talk about the shoes and accessories.  I bought all of the shoes I wanted online, because only a few pairs were being sold in my Target stores.  But after trying them on, I can say I need to return all of them and exchange for a smaller size!!  I am a pretty true 8.5 and sometimes even a 9, but I tried on an 8 in the store and that's the size I'm going to need.  So size down on the shoes!!





The accessories were nice, but nothing that I needed to have right now.  If they are still around for clearance, I might pick some up.  I was a little disappointed with the Crystal Teardrop Necklace in Silver.  I thought it was going to be bigger.  And for $39.99, it wasn't worth it to me.


I definitely spent a lot of money, and after seeing everything in the flesh, I am very happy.  The prints are very nice in person, but the quality is that of Target.  No luxurious fabrics, but not skimpy either.  I feel these items are better made than Jason Wu.  You don't have to worry about rips!

What did you all get, and what are your opinions of the collection?  Let me know in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment