Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 26 March 2012

Info Post

You all are probably tired of seeing me wear my Jason Wu for Target items, but it's all on clearance now and who can resist frilly dresses at 30-50% off?  Known on the Wu Facebook group as the "hospital gown dress", it has turned away many buyers.  But, if people are turned off by a clothing item, I'm usually turned on to it.  I saw the potential in this dress.  The first thing I thought of when seeing the dress with it's gorgeous pearl collar was vintage 1940's.  A woman who lived out in the country, but didn't let that stop her from owning a nice dress.

So of course, I had to break away from my usual photo shoot locale (ahem, my front yard) and make my way to the outskirts of my neighborhood.  Oh yes, the locale looks deserted, but this lot is on quite a busy street and I had many people driving by staring right at me.  Made me a little nervous, but I wanted these photos to look vintage and etheral, so it had to be done.  I also added a little vintage-y touch with a small victory roll in my hair.  I know that's not usually 40's hair, but I thought it added to the dress.

What do you think?  Not so "hospital gown dress" anymore, right? :)







Dress: Jason Wu for Target // Purse: Faux Chloe (Crossroads) // Heels: Seychelles (Crossroads)

0 comments:

Post a Comment