Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 10 July 2012

Info Post

I've had this DIY in my mind for so long; I just needed to find the time to sit down and sew.  And I see now I could have done it way earlier because the sewing literally took me like 5 minutes.  Anyway, this is a super simple DIY and it will virtually work with any shirt.  I hope you like it and as always, if you use this tutorial, I would appreciate a link back to my work!  Enjoy!

Materials:

  • Button down shirt
  • Scissors
  • Thread, Needle or sewing machine

Step 1 (Optional):


  • Turn shirt inside out.
  • Cut the sleeves off without cutting through the sleeve seams.  Then you don't have to sew the raw edge!

Step 2: 
  • Try on the shirt and figure out where you want the bottom hem to sit.  If you want it cropped, go with your waist.  If you want it a little longer, then measure where you're comfortable.
  • Add 1/2 an inch for seam allowance.

Step 3:

  • Lay your shirt so that the side seams are touching and that the bottom is even.

Step 4:


  • Now you're going to make your cut.
  • You will follow your cutting line like it is illustrated in the photo with the white line.  (The back line should not be that diagonal like in Step 3.  Make it more parallel to the bottom.)
  • Don't forget to add 1/2 an inch for your seam allowance!!
  • It should look like this now:




Step 5:

  • Hem the bottom either by hand or by machine.  I did a rolled hem (fold over once and then fold over again) so that there wasn't a raw edge.  
  • Seam allowance is 1/2 an inch.

Step 6: 

  • Admire your super cute new tie front shirt!!

Leave me a link if you try this and make your own!!  Have a great day! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment