Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 27 November 2011

Info Post
Courtesy of Seventeen Magazine

I don't know about you, but I get so frustrated with the same old looks of my hair.  It's probably what makes me want to cut it and color it all the time.  Sometimes I just need something a little different and yesterday I found it.  I was just Google searching and stumbled across this cute, whimsical take on the ordinary pigtails.

I like braiding my hair on occasion and I love the look of a messy braid or ponytail, so I knew I wanted to try out this style.  My friends, it is super easy and can give your look a fun, playful vibe.  I wish my hair were a bit longer as you'd really be able to see the tails, but it worked regardless.  You can read the steps to achieve this look on the link above or you can read my steps. :)

Tools:
-Small toothed comb
-Bobby pin
-2 elastic bands
-Hairspray
-Volume, texturizing spray (optional)

Preparation:
You can probably do this on freshly dried hair or even day old hair.  I actually find that if you need more texture and height, then do it on second day hair.  It's easier to tease and will hold the style better.  No flat irons or anything.  Use your natural texture!  If you want, add in a volumizer, mousse, or texturizing spray before it dries.

Styling:
Tease the back sections of you hair, right at the crown with a rat tail comb or any other smaller toothed comb.  Tease to your liking and spray with some hairspray.  Tease your bang part or front section of your hair to get the poof.

Now split your hair into two sections and bring to the front.  Separate one pigtail into halves and start knotting the hair like you are tying your shoelaces.  Twist and knot until you get to the end.  I did mine a little loose (it loosened up anyway) because I liked it looking a little softer.  Tie with an elastic.  Repeat for the second pigtail.

Gather your bang part or front area and pull back to create the poof and use the bobby pin to pin in place.  Fluff where necessary and then hairspray all over.  It's that easy!




Now you should have fun, feminine pigtails to complement your outfit!  Let me know if you tried this out so I can see how it looked. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment